This webpage and the privacy notices contained within it are provided by Rhondda Cynon Taf Country Borough Council (RCTCBC) for and on behalf of schools under a data protection service level agreement.
Providing privacy information to individuals
Under Data Protection legislation schools are ‘controllers’ of the personal information (or data) they process.
As controllers, schools must be open, honest and transparent with individuals (such as pupils and parents) about the way they use personal data. One of the ways schools do this is through the publication of a privacy notice.
A privacy notice is a document that seeks to explain and provide information to individuals about how their personal data is used. It includes information relating to;
- The ‘controller’ of the personal data
- Who to contact in relation to a data protection matter or concern
- Details of the Data Protection Officer and how they can be contacted
- The categories of personal data processed
- The categories of individuals whose personal data is processed
- Why the personal data is processed
- The lawful basis for processing the personal data
- Who and where the personal data is obtained
- The categories of organisations the personal data may be shared with
- How long the personal data is kept
- Your data protection rights and your right to raise a complaint with the ICO
Each school has published a ‘general’ privacy notice on their website that explains at a high-level how personal data is used. In addition, the following, more detailed privacy notices are provided by RCTCBC for and on behalf of schools relating to specific activities or uses.
|PRIMARY Schools Privacy Notice ||Link |
Should you have a query regarding a privacy notice or any school related data protection matter, please direct your enquiry to the Data Protection Lead at the School in the first instance.
Click here for the school’s contact information.