Skip to main content

Parks & Countryside Privacy Notice

How we use your personal information for Parks & Countryside purposes

The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with. 

We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Parks & Countryside purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice

1.    Who we are, what we do. 

The Parks & Countryside section is primarily responsible for maintaining the public open space and associated facilities throughout the County Borough, as well as co-ordinating sports club and recreational use of outdoor sports facilities. This also includes arranging events and activities in some of our larger parks.

In addition we maintain the public right of way network, manage community centres and undertake the enforcement function in relation to public spaces protection orders in parks and play areas. We also manage a number of allotment sites owned by the Council.

 2.    What and whose personal information we hold?

We will hold contact information relating to service users.

We hold information about adults, both residents and non-residents in the County Borough.

The types of information we hold and process will typically include:

  • Booking Request application to use a facility
  • Name, address and postcode
  • Mobile telephone and landline contact number
  • Email address

 3.    Where does the service get my information from? 

  • Information provided directly by the individual on application forms
  • Information provided by members of the public in relation to a complaint or concern 

 4.    What we will do with your personal information? 

The information will be used to arrange a confirmed booking of a facility or to enable further contact to be made in relation to a complaint / concern or arranging an event within a park. We also hold information relating to allotments in order to be able to communicate with individual plot holders.

5.    What is the legal basis for the use of this information?

We have a legal obligation to comply with: 

  • Anti Social Behaviour Crime & Policing Act
  • Clean Neighbourhoods & Environment Act
  • Environmental Protection Act
  • Countryside & Rights of Way Act

Personal information is processed for bookings, or to respond to complaints or concerns as part of our Public Task.

 6.    Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?

For the service to undertake its duties in relation to the parks & countryside function, we are required to share information with the following:

Other Council departments:

  • Streetcare – for the administration of fixed penalty notices and cleansing
  • Marketing – in relation to events
  • Environmental Health – in relation to events
  • Emergency Planning – in relation to events

Other Organisations:

  • Emergency service eg. Police, Ambulance, Fire – in relation to events
  • Allotment societies – to access appropriate waiting lists

7.    How long will my information be kept?

We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to administer the booking request and provide follow up invoicing or feedback from an event.

We may need to keep information on a longer term basis if there is any insurance liability that may arise in relation to children and this can be up until they reach the age of 21 years of age from when a claim is first registered.

Where there are legal cases in relation to public rights of way then your information will be kept for as long as necessary to resolve the case.

8.    Your information, your rights

The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.

View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them 

9.   Contact us

If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:

  • By email :
  • By telephone : 01443 562291
  • In writing : RCT Parks & Countryside Manager, Unit 7C, Hepworth Business Park, Coedcae Lane, Pontyclun CF72 9FQ