How we use your personal information within Catering Services for the provision of special diets
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
In this privacy notice we have summarised some of the key ways in which we use your personal information within Catering Services. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do
The Council’s Catering Services aims to improve food and nutrition in our schools to strengthen pupil’s health and wellbeing and raise standards of learning and attainment for our pupils. As part of this service we cater for pupils with special dietary requirements. The service consists of:
- School catering staff – who prepare, cook and distribute the meals.
- Administrative Support Service – who work closely with the schools catering teams and provide administrative support and deal with special diet referrals. Referrals will come directly from the pupil’s parent / carer or via the pupil’s school.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
The types of information we hold and process will typically include:
- Pupil Name and School
- Parent / carer contact details, including name, address, telephone number and email address.
- Health information such as dietary requirements and allergy information.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
We hold information on pupils who have been referred to the Service
The above information will be provided by:
- The pupil’s parents or carer
- The pupil’s School
- Dietary and allergy information from a medical professional
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We will use this personal information for the following:
- To provide the pupil with a meal that is to their choice and dietary requirements.
- To ensure the safeguarding and wellbeing of the pupil
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information to provide support, advice and complaints to a schools governing body is:
- To undertake our official council duties and to satisfy our legal obligations under the Healthy Eating in Maintained Schools Regulations 2014
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
We will share the special dietary requirements with the school to make sure that the correct meals are served.
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will keep personal information until the pupil leaves school plus 1 year.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them.
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email: email@example.com
By telephone: 01443 744089
In writing: Catering Services, Ty Trevithick, Abercynon, Mountain Ash, CF45 4UQ