We have specialist day centres (core day centres), located throughout Rhondda Cynon Taf, which provide a variety of day time activities for people who are eligible to visit them. Some also serve as respite facilities, providing a break for people caring for others.
Core Day Care Centres support the people who attend them by:
- helping to maintain their physical and mental wellbeing
- sustaining their current accommodation and care arrangements
- minimising risks to their safety
- encouraging them to look after themselves through independent living programmes
- allowing people to meet informally to overcome social isolation
- meeting their personal care needs which cannot be provided effectively in their own homes
- providing a break for their carers to support them in providing long-term support
All centres are staffed and equipped to meet the full range of appropriate personal care needs, including bathing, if needed. If you wish to be considered to attend one of our core day centres, you should contact our First Response Team (see below) and ask for an assessment of your needs.
If you think that you or someone you care for needs help, contact:
First Response Team
Tel: 01443 425003
Emergency Out of Hours Service provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends. Telephone: 01443 743665
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.