Skip to main content

Deed Poll Change of Name Service

The Register Office at Pontypridd offers a “Change of Name” service.

You don’t have to follow a legal process in England or Wales to start using a new name. But you might need a ‘deed poll’ to change your name on official documents like your passport or driving licence.

Please note: there are different rules for changing your name in Scotland.

A deed poll is a legal document that proves a change of name. You can change any part of your name, add or remove names and hyphens, or change spellings.

You can change your name yourself if you are 18 years or over.

For more information on changing your name by deed poll please contact Pontypridd Register Office on (01443) 494024.