Do you need Housing advice?
- do you want to know your housing rights?
- are you homeless or threatened with homelessness?
- is your current home unsuitable for your needs?
- do you want to know what your housing options are?
We are here to help - Don't delay either call in or contact us for friendly, impartial advice!
If you are homeless or at risk of eviction or repossession, please contact the Pontypridd Housing Advice Centre on 01443 495188 or
We are available:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday - Telephone contact only (Emergency Assessments will remain available - please telephone in the first instance)
Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
An out of hours emergency service is also available by calling 01443 425011.
Examples of different support schemes are also detailed below.
The Housing Advice Centre is Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council’s specialist housing advice service for people who need help with their housing. The service is delivered in partnership with:
- Platform who provide housing advice to people with mental health problems
- Shelter Cymru who offer daily specialist independent housing surgeries
- Llamau who offer mediation to homeless young people (aged 16 – 21) who have been asked to leave home by family or friends.
What can we do?
- help you to stay in your current home by advising you of your tenancy rights and prevent you from becoming homeless for example when your landlord wants you to leave.
- advise you if you have rent arrears or other financial difficulties
- give advice to those experiencing domestic abuse
- advise of rights regarding landlord disputes
- help explore housing options including accessing the private rented sector and supported accommodation
- information is also available on the Council's homefinder Website
- offer advice on applying to the Common Housing Register and other Housing Associations
- negotiate on your behalf if you need help to get your repairs done or are being harassed by your landlord.
- assess whether you are homeless and advise on temporary accommodation arrangements
Extra help with young people
If you are young and homeless you might lose contact with your friends and family, you could also miss out on education and training. We can provide advice linked to your personal needs and work closely with other agencies to help you get back home or if necessary provide you with temporary accommodation until we can explore other housing options. We will help guide you through the system and help you get back on your feet.
Telephone: 01443 495188
Out of Hours Emergency Service: 01443 425011
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.