Skip to main content

Benches, bins and street signage - Report a problem

We are responsible for the provision and up keep of benches, bins, street signage and other street furniture in our town centres and villages.

We regularly check the condition of our street furniture and aim to keep it looking clean and tidy, and most importantly safe for the public to use.

We maintain items such as;

  • litter bins
  • cigarette bins
  • hanging flower baskets
  • benches
  • seating
  • tree protectors
  • planters
  • information boards/signage
  • bollards
  • posts and railings

We make inspections for damage and will act promptly to repair any problems that we class as an emergency.

Other items that are cosmetically damaged rather than pose a threat to health and safely are repaired as part of our regular maintenance schedule.

How do I report a problem with broken or damaged street furniture or signage?

Please contact us using the details below.

When contacting us, please can you provide the following information: -

  • the name of the street and area.
  • the location on the street, i.e. is it near a house number or road junction?
  • the description and detail of the damage.
  • your name and a contact number.
  • the date and approximate time you first noticed the damage.
  • did you see any persons or vehicle registration responsible for the damage, and were the police in attendance?
The Service Director for Streetcare

Rhondda Cynon Taf Streetcare Services,
Ty Glantaf
Unit B23, Treforest Industrial Estate
CF37 5TT

Tel: 01443 425001
Fax: 01443 844310