Rhondda Cynon Taf Council offer grants when funding allows, however, these schemes are discretionary and may have restricted eligibility.
Commercial Improvement Grant
The aim of the Commercial Improvement Grant is to support larger scale improvements (primarily external) to commercial buildings with energy efficiency being intrinsic to design. The grant provides financial assistance for Freeholders / Property Owners and certain leaseholders of properties primarily situated in identified town centres.
- It can support improvement to commercial frontages and associated works.
- It can support the overall street scene by improving property frontages further attracting customers and businesses improving footfall and customer offers.
- It will improve business energy efficiency, supporting the reduction of costs and improved sustainability
- Commercial Premises – Applicants can apply for up to 50% of eligible project costs (excluding VAT) up to a maximum grant of £50,000 grant
Please note expenditure incurred before grant approval is not eligible for funding.
Who can apply?
- Are you a SME with fewer than 250 employees?
- Do you have either an annual turnover not exceeding €50 million (approximately £40 million) or an annual balance sheet total not exceeding €43 million (approximately £34 million)?
- Is your property situated within a town centre within the County Borough area of Rhondda Cynon Taf?
How to apply
Please complete the Expression of Interest form (pdf) and email to email@example.com.
An Expression of Interest form may be submitted in Welsh, and will not be treated any less favourable than an Expression of Interest form submitted in English.
* Please download and fill-in the form from the link below. You will need to save a copy on your computer and send it back to us as an attachment with your email.