How we use your personal information for Childcare Delivery – Training purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Child Care Delivery - Training purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do.
The Child Care Delivery Team oversee the quality of child care settings for both Council run and commissioned (external) settings.
We also provide training sessions for commissioned and internal childcare settings through a range of training sessions and workshops. These are delivered by internal and outside organisations.
Please note: the word ‘setting’ relates to a childcare provider that operates under the Care Inspectorate Wales (CIW) to provide childcare in the form of a day nursery, sessional childcare or childminding.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about staff within a setting. The types of information we hold and process will typically include:
- Settings staff full name
- Setting they work in and the address/contact details
- Your personal information as a member of staff; name, date of birth, home address, email address and phone number.
- We capture individual staff welsh language preferences and communication skills.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
The team carry out termly training audits on each setting and the training required for its staff members in accordance to the identified Flying Start Training matrix to support future planning of training courses to be provided by the service.
4. What will we do with your personal information?
We will share your information with the relevant training provider and the course tutor.
Keep a record of the training you attend.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are only allowed to use and share personal information where we have proper and lawful reasons for doing so.
It is part of the Council’s public task to work with the child care settings and to assist in identifying training required by its staff.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
We will only share your information with the relevant training provider
7. How long will my information be kept?
Your training record will be kept for 6 years in line with Flying Start requirements.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
- By email : Rachael.firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone : 01443 281437
- In writing : Childcare Delivery Team Manager, Ty Trevithick, Abercynon, RCT, CF45 4UQ