How we use your personal information for Leisure Service purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Leisure Service purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
We are RCT Leisure Services who operate a number of Leisure Facilities within RCT. We provide sporting, health and fitness opportunities to residents and non – residents of RCT.
Facilities can also be booked for events and functions such as birthday parties, weddings, events etc.
Booking for events or classes can be taken over the phone, in person, on our website via our Leisure for Life App.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about anyone who uses our leisure facilities, whether you apply to join our Leisure for Life membership scheme (which can be done in paper format, or via our website), complete an application for your child to attend swimming lessons, or pay for facilities (e.g. classes, swimming) as and when you use them.
The information we need from you includes name, address, date of birth, telephone number and email address. If you wish to pay by direct debit for swimming lessons or the Leisure for Life membership, we will also need your bank details in order to process the payments.
Discounts are applicable for people in certain circumstances, for example, if you are under 16, over 60, in receipt of certain benefits. When completing the Leisure for Life application form, if you fall under any of the categories specified who are entitled to a discount, we will need to see evidence before granting the discount.
When hiring our facilities, e.g. for events such as wedding or birthday parties, you will be required to complete a booking form, where we ask for your name, contact number and email address.
From time to time, we will ask customers to complete a survey in order to gather your views and opinions to ensure that we provide the best service. We may also notify you of any upcoming events or offers we think you may be interested in, but only if you have consented for us to do so.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
- We gather your information directly from you when you either complete a paper application form, an application via the website or the information you enter on our Leisure for Life App.
- Information generated by the use of our service (e.g. usage, transactional information) taken from our Leisure Management Software.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We require this information to understand your needs, to assist in providing you with a better service and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information, which we think you may find interesting using the email address, you have provided with your consent.
- We may use your information to directly contact you for market research purposes by email, phone, fax or mail with your consent.
- We may use the information to customize the information/offers we send you according to your interests.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information regarding memberships and membership bookings is a Contract.
We would only contact you for marketing or promotional reasons if we have gained you consent to do so.
We have a legal obligation to record any accidents / incidents that occur at our facilities under Health and Safety legislation.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
We will not share your personal information with any other services, organisations or third parties.
We create your leisure account on our Leisure Management system called Gladstone.
In order to administer direct debits, we use Banking Automated Clearing Service (BACS).
7. How long will my information be kept?
If you no longer use our services, you can contact us to have your record removed and deleted from our systems at any time.
We will remove any records you may have with us, if you have not accessed our service for a year or more.
If you do in the future want to start re-using our services, you would need to re-register with your details at that time.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
View further details on your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone : 01443 562202
In writing : Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC, Abercynon Sports Centre, Parc Abercynon,
Abercynon, Mountain Ash, CF45 4UY