How we use your personal information for Play Development purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Play Development purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice .
1. Who we are, what we do.
The Play Development team commission term time and holiday play provision.
We also run community events such as family fun days, teddy bears picnic and national play day.
We also deliver some play provision within RCT and administer the Care 2 Play Service.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about children who access our play services their family. The types of information we hold and process will typically include;
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Ethnic Origin
- Family’s First Language
- any allergies/dietary requirements/medical conditions or is registered has having a disability
- Both parents names and relationship to child
- Contact details - email address, mobile number and land line number and work number if available.
- Address, if different from the child’s.
- We ask for the names and contact details of the professionals involved with the child.
- We also ask for two other adults’ names and contact number in the case of emergency.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
All the information we have relating to you and your child(ren) comes directly from you when completing the registration form.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We use the information to plan and meet the individual needs for your child whilst at the setting.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are only allowed to use and share personal information where we have proper and lawful reasons for doing so.
The Council has a Legal duty to provide sufficient play opportunities where reasonably practicable in line with the Children and Families Wales measure 2010.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
Information is only shared with outside organisations such as play providers once an agreement has been received from you (the parent).
However, if a member of staff has any concerns about the safety or wellbeing of a child, information will be shared with the relevant agencies without the parent’s agreement.
7. How long will my information be kept?
Your information will be kept in line with legislation and for no longer than necessary for the purpose of which it was collected.
8. Your information, your rights
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you important rights, including the right to access the personal information the services hold about you.
Click here for further information on your information rights and how to exercise them.
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : Gail.Beynon@rctcbc.gov.uk
By telephone : 01443 281437
In writing : Ty Trevethick, Abercynon, Mountain Ash, CF45 4UQ