How we use your personal information for Energy Management purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Energy Management purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
The Energy Team (Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC Energy Management Team) is responsible for all energy management including energy procurement, energy management strategy and policy, energy efficiency, renewable energy, improvement and the delivery of energy conservation projects, including interfaces with suppliers and providers to secure wider social, economic and environmental benefits for the County Borough.
The service also acts as the centre of expertise for energy advice and best practice within the Council and as the primary point of contact for all energy related issues.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We utilise personal & financial information supplied by contractors which is pertinent and relevant to the tendering of goods and services for RCT service areas to meet provision of energy conservation
This information can include details of individuals and / or organisations with whom the authority will establish trading relationships in accordance with provision of goods works and service requirements.
we may collect the following personal information, for example:
- Name, address, contact information (telephone and email where appropriate)
- Relevant company documentation & certification for competency compliance
- Organisation & Business information
- Additional information in relation to the Procurement Process requirements to enable us to process tenders on behalf of the Council.
We process -
Personal information relating to identified natural persons in conjunction to deliver services outlined in section 1 above.
3. Where does the service get my information from?
The information used in authority procurement processes activities comes from the eTender Wales web portal – that is the Welsh Government online system utilised by the authority (and other public sector organisations) – whereby suppliers register their details for the potential of securing forthcoming business opportunities from procurement exercises run by the authority to meet frontline service requirement.
Further contact information may be requested to maintain contact during the contract periods for delivery of goods / works & services.
4. What we do with your personal information?
We will use personal information provided to –
- Specifically and only undertake Procurement Process activities on behalf of the Council to meets its needs requirements for provision of goods / works & services.
- Contact information provided will be used to maintain contact during the contract periods for delivery of goods / works & services
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
The legal basis for our use of your personal information will generally be one or more of the following:
- Processing is necessary for the performance of a contract.
- We need to process personal information to comply with legal obligations, e.g. to comply with procurement law.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
No – the information obtained is used solely for internal service area departmental use and not shared with any other external organisations outside of RCTCBC & the Welsh Government.
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will only keep personal information as part of the wider tender & contractual records set for as long as the legal obligation determines.
We are required to retain information in line with standard legal requirements and for contractual business purposes this retention period can vary between :
Tenders documents / Contract documents (and all associated information) - 1 year (if unsuccessful ) 6 years / 12 years (if successful)
However, renewable energy projects may be kept for a period of 20 years in conjunction with Renewable Heat Incentive and Feed-in Tariff accounts.
8. Your information, your rights
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about our use of personal information, please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : email@example.com
By telephone : 01443 281155
In writing : RCTCBC, Corporate Estates & Procurement.
Unit 2 Fairway Court
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.