How we use your personal information for Road Safety purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
We have summarised in this privacy notice some of the key ways in which we use your personal information for Road Safety purposes. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice.
1. Who we are, what we do.
The Road Safety Unit delivers a diverse range of front line and support services. It provides:-
- Road safety education and training, including;
- Pass Plus Cymru
- Kerbcraft / Child Pedestrian Training
- National Standards Cycle Training
- Older Drivers course
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
We hold information about service users that participat in the training courses that we deliver. The types of information we hold and process will typically include:
- Contact details, including name, address, telephone number and email address
- Driving licence number (for Pass Plus Cymru candidates)
- Identifying details such as date of birth
- Other information in relation to any special needs of those service users e.g. medical onditions
3. Where does the service get my information from?
We obtain this personal information directly from you. Pass Plus Cymru candidates personal information may also be provided to us by your driving instructor at the time of course booking.
4. What we will do with your personal information?
Information is shared with;
- Approved driving instructors; to ensure Pass Plus Cymru candidates can complete the practical element of the course.
- Approved driving instructors; to enable attendees to complete the practical element of the Older Drivers course.
- Road Safety Wales; to be entered into quarterly prize draw (Pass Plus Cymru).
- Kerbcraft Assistant; to enable the delivery of Kerbcraft / Child Pedestrian Training.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
The legal basis for our use of your personal information will generally be one or more of the following:
- The data subject has given consent to the processing.
- We need to process your personal information for the performance of a contract.
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
For the Service to undertake its duties in the delivery of road safety education and training, we are required to share information with the following:
- Approved driving instructors – to enable Pass Plus Cymru candidates to complete the practical element of the course
- Approved driving instructors – to enable attendees to complete the practical element of the Older Drivers course
- Road Safety Wales – to include candidates in the quarterly prize draw (Pass Plus Cymru)
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes described in this notice.
8. Your information, your rights
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email : email@example.com
By telephone : 01443 425001
In writing : Road Safety Unit, Sardis House, Pontypridd, CF37 1DU
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.