How we use your personal information within the Governor Support Service for school budget setting purposes
The Council provides services for local communities and the people who live in them. Undertaking this work means that we must collect and use information about the people we provide services to and keep a record of those services. Because we collect and use personal information about individuals we must make sure that they know what we intend to do with their information and who it may be shared with.
In this privacy notice we have summarised some of the key ways in which we use your personal information within the Governor Support Service. This information should be read in conjunction with the Council’s corporate privacy notice
1. Who we are, what we do
The Council’s Governor Support Service provides advice and support to Headteachers and Governors of Primary and Special Schools in drafting the annual budget. The service does this by:
- Working with the Headteacher to provide support and advice on all aspects of the initial preparation and drafting of the budget, monitoring and forward financial planning.
- Assisting the Headteacher with the presentation of financial reports and dissemination of information to governing bodies/finance committees.
- Arranging the distribution of financial reports to governing bodies/finance committees.
The Governor Support Service works in partnership with others to ensure effective governance in Rhondda Cynon Taf schools
View further information on the Governor Support service.
2. What and whose personal information we hold?
The personal information we process for budget setting and monitoring purposes relate to teachers and staff working in a school (past and present). Typically this will include:
- Staff name
- Name of school
- Job role / post etc.
- Pay number
3. Where does the service get my information from?
The above information will be provided by the following RCT departments and the School:
- Human Resources
4. What we will do with your personal information?
We will use this personal information to support the Headteacher to draft the annual budget for the school.
5. What is the legal basis for the use of this information?
Data Protection law says that we are allowed to use and share personal information only where we have a proper and lawful reason for doing so.
Our lawful basis for processing personal information to provide support, advice and complaints to a schools governing body is:
- Education Act 2002
- The Government of Maintained Schools (Wales) Regulations 2005
- The Government of Maintained Schools (Change of Category) (Wales) Regulations 2015
- Section 84 Schools Standards and Framework Act 1998
6. Does the service share my personal information with any other organisation?
For the Service to undertake its duties in providing support, we are required to share information with the following:
Other Council Services
- RCT Finance
- Council Committees (note: no personal identifiable information are contained within the report presented to Committee)
- School Governing Bodies
7. How long will my information be kept?
We will keep budget setting information for 7 years.
8. Your information, your rights
9. Contact us
If you have any concerns or would like to know more about how the service using your personal information please contact us in one of the following ways:
By email: Governor.Support@rctcbc.gov.uk
By telephone: 01443 281162
In writing: Governor Support Service, The Pavillions, Clydach Vale, CF40 2XX
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.