View all school related consultations below:
Give your views on the Proposals to Enhance Learning Support Class (LSC) provision in RCT
Proposal to Enhance Learning Support Class provision within RCT
- To create a new Key Stage 3/4 LSC provision for pupils with Social, Emotional, Behavioural Difficulties (SEBD) at Bryncelynnog Comprehensive School;
- To create a new Key Stage 3/4 LSC provision for pupils with SEBD at Ferndale Community School;
- To create a new Key Stage 3/4 LSC provision for pupils with SEBD at Mountain Ash Comprehensive School;
- To create a new Key Stage 3/4 LSC provision for pupils with significant Additional Learning Needs (ALN) at Ysgol Garth Olwg.
The Council has commenced consultation on the above proposals. Download a copy of our consultation document which fully outlines these proposals:
The consultation will run from Friday 10th January 2020 and will end 5pm on Friday 28th February 2020.
A Consultation event is being held at Hawthorn Leisure Centre on the 22nd January from 4:30pm-6:00pm.
Details of where any correspondence should be sent is included in the consultation document.
A Welsh Language, Community Impact Assessments and Equality Impact Assessment have also been prepared.
Proposals to reorganise school provision in the Pontypridd and Hawthorn areas.
The Council has commenced consultation on several proposals to reorganise primary and secondary education in the Pontypridd and Hawthorn areas of RCT. The main proposals can be summarised as follows:
- Closure of Pontypridd High School and Cilfynydd Primary School and the creation of a new ‘all through’ 3 – 16 school on the Pontypridd High School site
- Closure of Hawthorn High School, Hawthorn Primary School and Heol y Celyn Primary School and the creation of a new ‘all through’ 3 – 16 school on the adjacent sites of Hawthorn High and Hawthorn Primary Schools ( the English Medium stream of Heol y Celyn would join this provision).
- Closure of YGG, Pont Sion Norton and the relocation of its education provision to a new school that will be constructed on the former Heol y Celyn site (the Welsh Medium stream of Heol y Celyn would join this provision)
- Closure of the sixth form at Cardinal Newman RC Comprehensive School and the expansion of the sixth form provision at Bryncelynnog Comprehensive School, to create a sixth form ‘centre of excellence.
A consultation document which outlines and explains each of these proposals in some detail can be viewed and downloaded here: 21st Century Schools Consultation Document 2018
Community, Equality and Welsh Language Impact Assessments have also been prepared, copies of these documents can be viewed and downloaded here:
View copies of the statutory notices below:
View copies of the Objection Report below:
View a copy of the Decision Notice