There are currently seven Community Recycling Centres (CRC) in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
- Ty Amgen CRC, Llwydcoed, Aberdare, CF44 0BX
- North Road, Ferndale, CF43 4RS
- Dinas Amenity Site, Cymmer Road, Dinas, CF39 9BL
- Ty Glantaf, Taffs Fall Road, Treforest Industrial Estate, CF37 5TT
- Nantygwyddon Road, Gelli, CF41 7TL
- Llantrisant 100% Recycling Centre, Pant-Y-Brad Road off Heol-Y-Sarn, Llantrisant Industrial Estate, CF72 8YT
- Treherbert Industrial Estate, Treherbert, CF42 5HZ
Open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day)
- 8:00am – 7:30pm (April – October)
- 8:00am - 5.30pm (Nov - March)
Christmas Opening times
- Christmas Eve – open from 8am usual, but closes at 3.30pm.
- Christmas Day – closed all day.
- Boxing Day – closed all day.
- New Year’s Eve – open from 8am as usual, but closes at 3.30pm.
- New Year’s Day – closed all day.
Don’t forget the CRCs do not accept bags of mixed recycling, so you will need to sort your recycling into paper, cardboard, glass, metal etc. before you visit.
Community Recycling Centres are only licensed to accept household waste.
No trade waste will be accepted at any of these sites and you will not be allowed to off-load it. Tipper lorries and flat bed vehicles are not permitted.
- please refrain from smoking at our Recycling Centres
- make sure that children and pets remain in your vehicle at all times for their safety
Proof of residency in the form of a recent utility bill will be requested when using the Recycling Centres at Ty Amgen and Ty Glantaf .
Members of the public who turn up without a recent utility bill will be required to complete a form giving details of their vehicle, name and address. If after checks are made it appears that they reside outside of Rhondda Cynon Taf a charge of £20 will be invoiced.
If you arrive in a commercial vehicle you will be required to produce the Vehicle Registration Document and a recent utility bill. If the van has been borrowed from a company you will need a letter from that company on headed paper stating that you are allowed to use the vehicle and are using it for personal use.
If the vehicle is from a hire company you will need to bring a copy of the hire agreement with you.
Finally you will be asked to supply a full description of the waste and provide proof that it is not commercial waste before items can be unloaded and recycled.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.