There are currently six Community Recycling Centres (CRC) in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
  • Ty Amgen Community Recycling Centre, Llwydcoed, Aberdare, CF44 0BX
  • Ferndale Community Recycling Centre, North Road, Ferndale, CF43 4RS
  • Dinas Community Recycling Centre, Cymmer Road, Dinas, CF39 9BL
  • Ty Glantaf Community Recycling Centre, Taffs Fall Road, Treforest Industrial Estate, CF37 5TT
  • Llantrisant 100% Recycling Centre, Pant-Y-Brad Road off Heol-Y-Sarn, Llantrisant Industrial Estate, CF72 8YT
  • Treherbert Community Recycling Centre, Treherbert Industrial Estate, Treherbert, CF42 5HZ

Opening Times

Open 7 days a week (except Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Day)

  • 8:00am – 7:30pm (April – October)
  • 8:00am - 5.30pm (Nov - March).

Don’t forget the Community Recycling Centre do not accept bags of mixed recycling, so you will need to sort your recycling into paper, cardboard, glass, metal etc. before you visit.

Community Recycling Centres are only licensed to accept household waste.

No trade waste will be accepted at any of these sites and you will not be allowed to off-load it. Tipper lorries and flat bed vehicles are not permitted.

Safety Information

  • please refrain from smoking at our Recycling Centres
  • make sure that children and pets remain in your vehicle at all times for their safety

Further Information

Proof of residency in the form of a recent utility bill will be requested when using the Recycling Centres at Ty Amgen and Ty Glantaf .

Members of the public who turn up without a recent utility bill will be required to complete a form giving details of their vehicle, name and address. If after checks are made it appears that they reside outside of Rhondda Cynon Taf a charge of £20 will be invoiced.

If you arrive in a commercial vehicle you will be required to produce the Vehicle Registration Document and a recent utility bill. If the van has been borrowed from a company you will need a letter from that company on headed paper stating that you are allowed to use the vehicle and are using it for personal use.

If the vehicle is from a hire company you will need to bring a copy of the hire agreement with you.

Finally you will be asked to supply a full description of the waste and provide proof that it is not commercial waste before items can be unloaded and recycled.

Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.