Skip to main content

Local Cost of Living Hardship Fund - Resident Support

Rhondda Cynon Taf Council and key partners want to support residents experiencing significant financial difficulties as a result of the Cost of Living Crisis.

You can ask for support at any time and a local response team will help. The team will speak with you to assess your needs and will discuss support available to you based on your circumstances.  

Support can include:

  • Support with shopping
  • Friendly telephone call to maintain social contact
  • Support to find work or receive work related training
  • Information and guidance about money or benefits
  • Information about the ‘At Home’ library service
  • Information about the Lifeline Plus Service
  • Wellbeing support if you are feeling lonely or isolated or would like to be put in contact with a local Community Group in your area.
  • Wellbeing Assessment – includes a home visit to discuss and record the position of the whole family, including things that are going well and things you may need help with from our Community Partners
  • Discretionary voucher payment for residents experiencing significant financial difficulties related to heating their homes.
  • Discretionary payment to residents experiencing significant financial difficulties, to assist with purchasing small energy efficient kitchen appliances, such as slow cookers, and  food vouchers.

To apply for this support you will need to complete the online form on our Resident Support page. The details you provide will be assessed to see if you meet the criteria for support. You may be contacted for further information.

Visit our Resident Support page and click ‘Request Assistance’ to get started.


Additional funding of £100,000 has been provided towards Discretionary Housing Payments. This is a top-up to benefits, and considered if a person needs extra help with their housing costs. Any payment awarded is made in addition to any Housing Benefit / Universal Credit that has been awarded.

Visit the Discretionary Housing Payments page for more information