Skip to main content


Housing Associations provide accommodation for a lower rent than private landlords. If you cannot afford to either purchase your own home or to rent privately, a housing association may be able to assist.

Rhondda Cynon Taf Council and its housing partners - Cynon Taf Community Housing Group, Hafod, Newydd, Trivallis, Rhondda and Wales & West Housing Associations have introduced a new way of allocating their properties.

Homefinder RCT allows you to search and bid online for properties.

All you need to do is ensure you are on the Housing Register. Anyone who lives in RCT can apply to join the Housing Register, but will be placed in a Band depending on their personal and financial circumstances and priority is given to those with greatest need.

If you don't have access to a computer to register your online application, a member of staff from the HomefinderRCT team can help you. Call 01443 425678 and a trained member of staff will complete the application with you over the telephone. Alternatively you can access a computer at your local library (you may need to make an appointment at busy times).