Additional Black Bag Allowance - Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
- An officer may contact/visit you for further information.
- There will be a visual check that recycling is being placed out prior to an allowance being issued.
- One application per household will be accepted.
- This service is only for ‘everyday’ non-recyclable waste.
- You will use the Household Waste Recycling Centre for recyclable materials that cannot be collected at the kerbside e.g. wood, children’s toys, day materials etc.
- This service is subject to approval and periodic check by the council.
- No recyclable waste is allowed to be placed in any black bags unless an exemption has been granted.
- You will have to re-apply for a continuation of your property’s black bag allowances after 12 months.
- You will only receive the exact number of stickers required for the number of additional bags you will need to put out per collection. The stickers supplied must last for the full 12 month period and must not be passed to other properties or persons.
- One council issued sticker should be used for each standard sized black bag (e.g. 70 litres)
- Should you lose any or all of the stickers we will not replace them and you will not be able to reapply until it has been 12 months since you first applied.
- If you change address you must contact us to let us know so that we can update our records. Please take your stickers with you to your new address.
- Any bag placed out for collection may be checked for compliance with the scheme.
- The council reserves the right to amend or withdraw your entitlement at any point. Such changes will be notified in writing before the change comes into effect.