A large range of Leisure for Life’s gyms, indoor fitness classes and swimming pools are now open.
Gym, swim and indoor fitness classes are available across all nine leisure centres. Please be aware, only the gym is open in Llantwit Fardre for use by members, and no classes are currently taking place. The latest regulations mean:
- A maximum of 15 people will be allowed to attend fitness classes at any one time.
- A maximum of 15 people will be allowed to use swimming pools at any one time
- Gyms will re-open in line with pre firebreak service times and allocated sessions.
- The limits for outdoor sports allow for 30 players per pitch
All gym, fitness classes and pool sessions will need to be booked in advance. There will be limited capacity to accommodate all social distancing measures.
All Club Hirers should contact their local leisure centre to discuss their individual club requirements.
Social distancing measures will apply in all areas and in queuing systems, together with one way movement around facilities. The sanitising of the facilities will take place between sessions for customer safety. There is a preference for cashless entry where possible. Masks must be worn at all times when moving around the facilities but can be removed whilst exercising.
Leisure for Life staff also continue to work with sporting bodies and the Welsh Government to introduce indoor sports. Individual squash players can now return to leisure centres for practice and training – either alone or with an instructor outside of the court to adhere to social distancing guidelines.
Health suites, swimming lessons (adult and child), diving, rookie lifeguard, children’s parties and soft play sessions remain unavailable. As soon as restrictions are lifted and eased and Leisure for Life is able to deliver them safely, this will be updated.
Thousands of customers are using the Leisure for Life App and website to book onto gym and swimming sessions and indoor fitness classes as leisure staff continue to work tirelessly to deliver the services they know customers want, but in a safe manner.
Leisure for Life has adapted well to its new way of operating, offering a popular range of services while also protecting customers, staff and the wider community with social distancing measures, extensive cleaning of equipment and rooms and utilising advance booking and contactless payments where possible.
Opening hours for all leisure centres are considerably different to those prior to lockdown and, as the service adapts and extends with restrictions easing, these continue to change.
The latest centre opening hours can be found below, or via the APP.
The gym, fitness class and swimming timetables can be found via the leisure webpages or the APP.
In order to adhere to safety guidelines, shower and changing room facilities remain unavailable at all centres, so customers will need to arrive ready to train/swim.
All gym and swimming sessions and classes must be booked in advance. Leisure for Life members can do this up to seven days in advance via the web or the APP.
Those who choose to pay as they go must still book in advance and can do so by ringing the leisure centre to book and pay up to 24 hours in advance.
Customers are reminded these are unprecedented times for all involved and that, and their continued patience and co-operation is very much appreciated.
Return to service rules
- All activities must be booked in advance via the APP, the leisure web pages or by ringing the centre.
- Please do not arrive at the centre without a booking, you will be turned away.
- Leisure for Life members can book their chosen activity up to seven days in advance.
- Non-members can book their chosen activity up to 24 hours in advance.
- If you book a space you can no longer use, please remember to cancel it so we can offer it to someone else.
- Timetables are very different from those in place pre-lockdown, this is to ensure the safety of customers, staff and the wider community as we adhere to social distancing guidelines and ensure thorough cleansing between sessions.
- As lockdown measures continue to ease and guidelines change, we are amending and extending the Leisure for Life offer accordingly. This means opening times and available gym/swim sessions and classes continue to change. Get the latest information from this page or the APP
- Showers and changing rooms remain closed at all centres. Please arrive ready to train/swim
- Please ensure you like and follow your local/preferred leisure centre on Facebook for the latest news and updates specific to that centre.
- Leisure for Life staff have worked tirelessly throughout lockdown – redeployed to assist the community in the distribution of food, medicines and care – and continue to work to deliver the services customers want. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated.
Leisure for Life class timetables continue to change based on the latest government guidance.
All classes, times, locations and links to book can be found on the APP.
There are classes held throughout the day, so you can find one that suits your plans and needs. Please remember your membership allows you to use any leisure centre – now may be the time to try something new!
An overview of some of the classes being offered include:
Legs, bums and tums
BodyBlast (indoor and outdoor)
Virtual group cycle
Low Impact circuits
Les Mills Body Balance
Les Mills Body Pump