Following the latest Welsh Government announcement, the Council can confirm that open/unenclosed pitches will be available for use from tomorrow, Saturday, March 27 - with all grass pitches then reopening from Monday, March 29, allowing junior teams only to train.
While the Council is awaiting further guidance from the Welsh Government, the arrangements in place during the previous lockdown will return:
- For Under 6 to Under 11s - A maximum of 2 groups of 35 (including players and coaches) on a full pitch or 1 group of 35 (including players and coaches) on a half pitch.
- Under 12 to Under 18s - A maximum of 40 (including players and coaches) on a full pitch or 20 (including players and coaches) on a half pitch.
- First Aiders and Covid Officers are exempt from these numbers.
- Teams must arrive ready to train. Changing rooms and showers are not available to use, but access to them (where possible) is permitted only for the use of toilet facilities, which must be cleaned before and after use by the club and operated under a one in-one out basis.
- No spectators are permitted.
Artificial pitches will re-open at a later date and sports clubs are asked to contact the Council to provide details of their specific requirements.
The situation will be kept under constant review and the Council will communicate any further updates as and when they are received from the Welsh Government.
Posted on Friday 26th March 2021