It’s the news you have been waiting for. The National Lido of Wales, Lido Ponty
, will re-open for its main 2022 season on Saturday, April 9.
This means it will be open throughout the Easter school holidays, offering two early morning swims, plus six sessions with all three pools and inflatables, every single day!
Tickets for the first sessions are set to go on sale on Monday, April 4 – so get that date in your diaries.
Cllr Andrew Morgan, Leader of Rhondda Cynon Taf Council, said: “The National Lido of Wales enjoyed a record-breaking season last year, with more visitors than ever before enjoying its three outdoor heated pools.
“Despite ongoing covid-19 restrictions, which meant we had to start the season later in the year and have fewer people per session, we welcomed over 99,000 swimmers - more than any other season since Lido Ponty re-opened.
“Thanks to Council investment and an incredible effort by staff, we extended the season, and secured the return of the hugely-popular Boxing Day Swim AND delivered a New Year’s Day swim as well, to make up for the late start and limited capacity.
“Considering Lido Ponty was closed for all of 2020, due to the terrible damage it sustained in Storm Dennis and the start of the Coronavirus pandemic, it has made an incredible return.
“We know the many thousands of people who love Lido Ponty were grateful we were able to restore it to its former glory, delivering an exceptional 2021/22 season. Here’s hoping 2022/23 goes just as well.”
Tickets for Lido Ponty 2022 will remain online only. As with last year, you can purchase tickets up to seven days in advance. On Monday, April 4, tickets will go on sale for the Saturday (April 9), Sunday (April 10) and Monday (April 11) sessions. On Tuesday, April 5 you can purchase tickets for Tuesday, April 12 and so on.
The opening fortnight of Lido Ponty 2022 coincides with the Easter break, so the school holiday/weekend/bank holiday timetable will be in place offering:
- Two early morning casual or lane swims in the main pool and activity pool
- Six sessions where all three pools are open and the inflatable activities are out, every day, seven days a week.
On Monday 25 April, when schools resume, until the start of the half term on Saturday, May 28, Lido Ponty will revert to a limited timetableoffering:
- Weekdays: Two early morning lane or casual swims in the main pool and activity pool.
- Weekends (both days): Two early morning lane /casual swims in the main pool and activity pool. Six sessions in all three pools with inflatables.
The exception to this will be the Bank Holiday Monday on May 2, when the school holiday/weekend/bank holiday timetable will apply for one day only.
As soon as the May half term starts on Saturday, May 28, the school holiday/weekend/bank holiday timetable returns up to and including Sunday, June 5.
From Monday June 6, the new term time timetable will be in place offering:
- Six casual/lane swimming sessions in the main pool or activity pool, followed by two after-school fun sessions in all three pools (with inflatables) on weekdays
- Two early morning lane or casual swims in the main and activity pools, followed by six fun sessions across all three pools (including inflatables) on weekends.
Posted on 23/03/2022