We provide support for people experiencing difficulties through the use of substances such as:
- alcohol, volatile substances (such as aerosols & gases)
- prescribed and over the counter medication
- illegal drugs
- image and performance enhancing drugs - IPEDS (such as steroids)
We work in partnership with people with lived experiences, Barod, Cwm Taf Morgannwg University Health Board, Local Authorities, Criminal Justice Services, national substance misuse services, and a range of voluntary sector, independent agencies and community groups.
Substance use can affect people of all ages, their families and the communities in which they live, and support is available for children and young people under age 18 and for adults over age 18. The support includes:
- Brief Interventions and advice
- Education and awareness
- Structured Support on a 1:1 basis
- Harm Reduction interventions
- Service user involvement and participation
- Support for concerned others
- Access to residential rehabilitation
- Specialist Support
- Alcohol detox and treatment
- Opiate substitute prescribing
- Overdose awareness and naloxone training and support
- Substance Misuse and Housing Outreach support services
- BBV screening, referral, and treatment
- Training for professionals
- Outreach support
Cwm Taf Morgannwg (Bridgend, Merthyr and Rhondda Cynon Taf)
There is a single point of access for advice, information and referral for an easy route into services for those affected by substance misuse in the Cwm Taf Morgannwg area. The Drug and Alcohol Single Point of Access (DASPA) provides easier access for service users, family members, concerned others and professionals to obtain advice or make a referral to all substance misuse services across Cwm Taf Morgannwg.
DASPA - Drug and Alcohol Single Point of Access (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm)
- Tel: 0300 333 0000 (free from land lines, local rate from mobiles)
- DASPA Website: https://daspa.org.uk/ for professionals to make online referrals
- Barod webchat is available where DASPA referrals can be taken https://barod.cymru
- Barod have a dedicated number to text or WhatsApp for children and young people - 07436315344. Workers will respond between 9am-5pm Monday to Friday.
The helpline will assist individuals, their families, carers and support workers within the drug and alcohol field to access appropriate local and regional services.
For help out of office hours please call dan 24/7
- Tel: 0808 808 2234 or text DAN to: 81066
NHS Wales- mental health support
For urgent mental health support call NHS 111 and press OPTION 2 The service is available for people of all ages, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in all areas of Wales to ensure those in need of support can access it quickly when they need it most.