Skip to main content

Adult Social Services Care and Support

Adult Social Care Services in Rhondda Cynon Taf work with adults who need care, support or protection in order to live safely and independently in their own homes, within their local communities while enjoying a fulfilled life. 

What sort of services do we provide?

Here are some examples of our services:

How the Care and Support System Operates in Rhondda Cynon Taf

Seeking our support

If you, or someone you care for, need help from us, you can contact us yourself or give permission to your doctor or other health professional to do so on your behalf. This is called making a referral.

We work jointly with the health service, private organisations and voluntary groups, housing services and others to help people overcome difficulties by providing support to meet your individual needs.

If you are having problems in coping, you can ask us for support by contacting our First Response Team. A member of the team will be happy to learn more about your circumstances and provide information and advice that may help or arrange for an assessment of your social care needs if your situation warrants it. 

If you require Adult Social Care support, please call 01443 425003 (Mon-Fri 8.30am-5pm) or the Emergency Duty Team on 01443 743665 / 01443 657225 (outside of these hours).

You can also request non-urgent assistance here.

Following your initial contact through our First Response Team, your support needs may require further investigation. In these cases, our Single Point of Access Team will assess new service users to get a better understanding of the difficulties you are facing and whether you are eligible to receive our support. 

By discussing your situation with you and making an assessment of your needs, we will be able to determine your suitability for our support and the likely length of our involvement in supporting you in overcoming your difficulties.

If you require temporary support for a while to help you recover from a short-term setback such as a period of ill-health, a stay in hospital or a time of instability or vulnerability in your life our Intermediate Care and Rehabilitations Service is there to help. 

If we think your needs are more complex or require continued support over a longer period of time (more than 3 months), we may involve a longer-term care and support service. This support is designed to maintain independent living and is delivered by our Locality Teams. This approach will enable us, and in many cases, partner organisations, to work with you to plan your care and deliver support appropriately. 

Carers look after family members, partners, friends or neighbours in need of help because they are ill, frail or have a disability and the care they provide is unpaid. If you have a carer, they may be entitled to an assessment of their own needs.

Some of our publications are currently being updated to reflect the requirements of the Social Services and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.  If you are unable to find the information you require please email the Research and Information team at: or call 01443 425003.

Ageing Well in Wales Plan

Ageing Well in Wales is a national Programme hosted by the Older People's Commissioner for Wales. It brings together individuals and communities with public, private and voluntary sectors to develop and promote innovative and practical ways to make Wales a good place to grow older for everyone.

Here is the Cwm Taf Ageing Well in Wales action plan.

Cwm Taf Social Services and Wellbeing Partnership Board

The Social Services and Wellbeing Act Wales (2014) identified the statutory need for regions to create Regional Partnership Boards (RPBs) to oversee integrated strategic approaches to deliver integrated Health and Social Care services. 

Since this time, Welsh Government have more recently published “A Healthier Wales: our Plan for Health and Social Care” which emphasises the need to prevent illness by supporting people to manage their own health and wellbeing and on enabling people to live independently for as long as they can.

The Cwm Taf Morgannwg Regional Partnership Board bring together health, social services, housing, the third sector and other partners taking forward the effective delivery of integrated services in wales.  The Cwm Taf Morgannwg Regional Commissioning Unit works on behalf of the Regional Partnership Board.

Find out more about the Cwm Taf Morgannwg Regional Partnership Board 

Integrated Care Fund (ICF) 

Welsh Government’s Integrated Care Fund (ICF) Revenue, Capital and Dementia Guidance was effective from the 1st April 2019 which supports Welsh Governments’ Supporting a Healthier Wales: Our Plan for Health and Social Care. As outlined in the guidance the Integrated Care Fund aims to drive and enable integrated and collaborative working between social services, health, housing, the third and independent sectors. It is intended to help Regional Partnerships Boards develop and test new approaches and service delivery models that will support the underpinning principles of integration and prevention. Evaluation and learning lie at the core of ICF and it is essential that any ICF Programmes or projects are designed with this in mind.

Statutory Guidance identifies the following groups as priority areas of integration and all ICF Programmes must address them proportionately, in line with their regional population assessments and area plans:

  • Older people with complete needs and long term conditions, including dementia;
  • People with learning disabilities;
  • Children with complex needs; and
  • Carers, including young carers.

Integrated Care Fund Revenue, Capital and Dementia Guidance 2021-22