When will my child receive their bus pass?

For secondary school pupils who are entering Year 7 in September, bus passes were included in the travel packs issued by the schools during their Transition Visit Day to their secondary school. 

Primary pupils will receive a letter of authorisation confirming their entitlement. You must show the letter to the driver in order to travel on the vehicle. Each transport provider and school has also been issued with a list of those eligible learners who are  authorised to travel on school transport.

Do I need to keep my bus pass?

Yes - your bus pass remains valid from the first day of school to either the end of Year 11 or Year 13. Please check the expiry date and keep your bus pass safe. 

Do NOT throw the bus pass away - you will need to show your Bus Pass to the driver on every Journey until you leave school. NO PASS NO TRAVEL.

What if my bus pass is lost or damaged?

If your child loses their pass, your child can obtain a temporary travel slip from the school reception which will allow them to travel to school for two weeks whilst their replacement pass is being ordered.

There is a £7.00 administration charge for the printing of a replacement pass. 

Report a lost bus pass online

How do I get a replacement bus pass?

A replacement bus pass can be ordered online, by telephoning 01443 425001, or in person via the Council’s One4All Centres. You will need a credit or debit card to make payment online or over the phone, payment in cash can be made at the Council’s One4All Centres.

What if my child's pass has expired?

You will need to contact us for a replacement (details below).  

What if my child hasn't received a travel pack or letter of authorisation?

If you have not completed the school admission form for your child to attend your chosen school then you will need to do so by contacting the school admissions team on 01443 744000.   If you have completed the school admission form and received a letter confirming their placement at the school, then you will need to contact us on 01443 425001.  

Can my school ask the transport provider to allow my child to travel without a bus pass?

No - All secondary learners that are eligible for transport are provided with bus passes that must be used to access school transport.  

Can my child’s friend travel on the school bus with them even though they are not eligible?

No - Only eligible pupils, who are in possession of a valid bus pass can travel on school transport. All seats have been allocated to eligible pupils. If additional learners are travelling then this may lead to the bus becoming overcrowded.

Sale of Spare Seats

The Council offers parents of learners who do not meet the eligibility criteria for free school transport the opportunity of purchasing spare seats on its school transport at a discounted charge. 

You can apply to purchase a spare seat from 08:00 on Monday 29 July 2019. Subject to availability, when places on a vehicle are made available under this provision, they will be charged at a flat rate per learner.

The charge from September 2019 is £126.00 per year
Note! You can apply to purchase a spare seat from 08:00 on Monday 29 July 2019
Please note: Learners will need to apply to purchase a seat for the 2019/20 academic year by completing this on-line application.

The completion of an application form does not guarantee that you will be sold a seat. Seats can only be sold subject to availability, and are sold on a first come first served basis, with requests only considered once we know the number, if any, that are available.

Should you be sold a seat, and the number of eligible children that are entitled to travel on the service increases during the term, the situation may arise whereby there would be insufficient seats and your child’s entitlement to travel would have to be withdrawn. If this situation were to occur, then a ‘pro rata’ refund would be made to you for the remainder of the term.

Contacting the Integrated Transport Unit

Integrated Transport Unit

Sardis House,

Sardis Road


CF37 1DU

Tel: 01443 425001

Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.