Skip to main content

Land and premises enquiries

The Corporate Estates Team deal with a wide range of property matters including:
  • Asset Management
  • Landlord and Tenant
  • Acquisition and Disposal of Land and Buildings (Capital & Leasehold)
  • Development Advise, Feasibility & Project Management
  • Management of Land Terrier
  • Grazing Licences
  • Garage & Garden Agreements
  • Disability Discrimination Act (Physical Accessibility)
  • Compensation and Compulsory Purchase
  • Land Charges & Commons Registration
  • Commons Registration
  • Land Reviews
  • Office Accommodation

Council owned Land and premises.

The Property Information Centre keep a record of all Council owned land within Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC.  

There are a number of insistences where parties are encroaching on Council land without permission.  We appreciate your input.  If you have any concerns or observations, they will be treated in confidence.

Privately owned land and premises.

Corporate Estates does not hold any records relating to land & premises that are privately owned.  For this information you may wish to contact The Land Registry for Wales at:   Search for land and property information - GOV.UK (

How do I purchase, lease, or rent a property or piece of land that I am interested in?

You can make an application by filling in the PDF application linked below and either email or post this to us.

Please note: The application process may take up to 12 weeks before a decision can be made.  Each application is considered on an individual basis.

If successful, please note the land or premises in question may still be advertised on the open market.  You will be informed if this is the case.

Grazing Licences

Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC own grazing sites which are tendered on a 5 yearly basis.  The next slot of tenders will become available for bidding in 2028.  All sites are advertised on our website here: Land and Property Availability List


Who is responsible for my boundary fence/wall?

In the event that the property is in private ownership, you may wish to check your own property deeds or take advice from a solicitor.

Do you have any garages available to rent?

The Council only deals with the rental of Council owned land for garage purposes.  This entails the Council renting land to individuals, who in turn construct a garage on the land.

Should you be looking for an existing block type garage, you are advised to contact Trivallis, who acquired the Council’s garage stock in 2007.  They may be contacted on either of these telephone numbers - 0300 003 0888 or 0845 301 4141.

Does the Council know who owns all of the land within the borough of RCTCBC?

No.  The Council can only provide ownership information on land that is owned by the Council.  For information of land and property ownership of non-Council owned land please contact HM Land Registry

Does the Council own all roads/lanes within the Borough?

No.  For more information on road status please contact: Highways

Can I cut back trees overhanging my property?

For general information on trees please see  Trees - General Guidance

If you require further advice please contact:

How do I report fly tipping?

Please report fly tipping here: Report it | Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council (

Does the Council own any residential properties?

In December 2007 the Council’s social housing portfolio was transferred to RCT Homes, now known as Trivallis.  Please note: Trivallis is an entirely separate organisation from Rhondda Cynon Taf CBC.  All enquiries relating to ex-Council house properties should be directed to your landlord.

How do I report a name and numbering change?

For all street name and numbering queries please contact:

Get in touch

You can enquire ownership of land and premises by e-mailing or in writing;


In writing to;

Corporate Estates

Ty Trevithick


Mountain Ash

CF45 4UQ

Tel: 01443 281189