The School Fund supports schools to develop original projects and programmes which will get more people, more active, more often. Please see below for how much your school can apply for:
Primary School - £250
Secondary School - £500
Special School - £750
Community School (3-16 school) - £750 (£250 Primary / £500 Secondary)
Schools are required to fill in a Project Completion Report (PCR). Schools must complete and return this report and return it to Sport RCT. Schools who do not return this report will not be eligible for any future applications until this has been completed. Please keep sustainability of the project and the importance of the legacy being continued once the funding has been spent in mind.
How to Apply
School fund 2023/24 is OPEN, the application process will now be open all year. This will allow you to be reactive to the needs of your school.
Themes for 2023/24
This year our school fund has 5 key themes. Your project must cover 1 or more of the key themes, and this should be evidenced throughout the application form. The overall aim of the school fund is to get more people, more active, more often.
- Focus on Fun: bring fun back to sport and physical activity
- Family Engagement: engaging families in schools to become more active, more often
- Good examples - Bodringallt lending shop / Tylorstown Primary parent training
- Young Ambassadors, Leadership and Training: develop and upskill workforce to deliver sport and physical activity
- Removing Barriers: remove barriers to sport and physical activity for specific groups, e.g. ALN, inclusion or deprivation
- Case study - Hafod Primary
- Good examples - Bodringallt sensory equipment
- Foundation: sport and physical activity for under 7's
To apply, please download this application form and return it to Sport RCT via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To download terms and conditions please click here.
If you need support with your application please contact your Sport RCT Officer (Sam Friend, email@example.com or Ellie Lake, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Davies Sport
- Bishop Sport
- Net World Sports
- Mira Fit
- Wolverson Fitness
Please do not use suppliers that can only be used exclusively by education providers.
More School Fund Case Studies
Here are some examples of projects that we have supported.
We have recently been made aware of some funding opportunities that your school may be able to access. Click here for details.