As part of your Lifeline and Telecare Service, installation and maintenance are included free of charge.
Lifeline Installation and Maintenance:
Installation of your Lifeline will be arranged at a mutually convenient time on initial contact with us.
- Please ensure that you have a landline with a power point nearby prior to install (if you don't have a powerpoint, an extension lead will be fine).
- Installation of the Lifeline is very simple and won't cause any disruption, the unit simply plugs into your existing landline. Our friendly installer will then demonstrate to you how the system works and will test the system before leaving.
- For your safety, we kindly ask that you test your pendant monthly to ensure it is working correctly.
- If the battery begins to run low, your pendant will send a silent low battery alert to the Lifeline monitoring centre and they will contact you to arrange a convenient time for our installer to call out and replace the battery.
Telecare Installation and Maintenance:
- One of our installers will contact you or a family member to discuss your Telecare requirements and arrange a mutually convenient time to call to install the equipment.
- For Telecare equipment to work, it needs to be linked to a Lifeline base unit. Please ensure that you have a landline with a power point nearby prior to install (if you don't have a power point, an extension lead will be fine).
- Installation of the Lifeline base unit is very simple and won't cause any disruption, the unit simply plugs into your existing landline.
- Telecare sensors are powered by batteries and send an automatic (silent) low battery alarm to the Lifeline Monitoring Centre when they need changing. An appointment will then be made for an engineer to attend to replace the battery.
- The majority of Telecare equipment won't cause any disruption when installed, however some items will, the box below explains more. If you are not the home owner, permission will be sought from your landlord by your Care Manager prior to install.