The Mental Health Independent Living Service provides support to adults aged 18 and over who are experiencing mental health issues. Support can be provided on an individual or group basis and aims to help achieve a more independent life style.
A key worker will support you in identifying and pursuing opportunities of your choice that will enable you to reach your individual goals.
Your key worker will discuss and agree a plan of support with you that best suits your assessed needs. This is called your ‘Individual Plan’ and shows what type of support you require and how this will be provided. You can discuss changes to this plan along with your key worker at any time.
There are a number of different ways that the service can support you.
Some examples are detailed below:
- find activities that will give you opportunities to meet people in a suitable setting
- introduce you to community facilities to help you develop skills and make new friends
- manage every day tasks such as shopping, budgeting and maintenance of your home
- help you to use facilities in your community more confidently, such as community centres, sports centres and libraries
- increase your confidence using public transport in order to become more independent
- maintain your health and well-being through a variety of means, for example going to leisure centres
- attend all relevant appointments and manage weekly activities
- identify other ways of finding support, and learning and development opportunities and improve existing skills
- offer structured courses to manage and improve your mental health and well-being.
Any individual support that you receive will involve a financial assessment. This assessment is in line with the current guidelines of our Charging for Non Residential Social Services policy.
Rhondda Independent Living Service
Pentre Municipal Offices (Blue Building)
Tel: 01443 424350
Cynon Independent Living Service
Cynon Valley Principal Office
Tel: 01685 887883
Taf Independent Living Service
Ty Draw The Avenue
Tel: 01443 486856
Community Services Complaints Officer
Dinas Isaf East
Tel: 01443 425003
Normal hours of service for the Independent Living Service are Monday to Thursday from 8.30am to 5pm and from 8.30am to 4.30pm on Fridays.
If you or the person you care for requires help from Social Services, contact our First Response Service on 01443 425003 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Out of Office Service provides an emergency response to a social care crisis outside of normal office hours, on bank holidays and at weekends. Telephone: 01443 743665