RCT Catering Services provides a tasty and nutritious menu to all primary schools within Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We offer a two week menu of hot dishes, along with a daily salad bar, a roll/sandwich menu and a jacket potato option. Our meals include a dessert and a drink. All schools offer unlimited wholemeal bread and, in addition to the dessert of the day, we also offer a limited choice of frozen yogurt, cheese & crackers or fresh fruit daily.
*Due to supplier availability, products may be subject to change.
We provide vegetarian and vegan options, and support pupils with special dietary and religious requirements.
Please note: We procure food that is absent of nuts as a declared ingredient. However, even with proactive cross contamination control measures, multiple handling processes in the supply chain do present the potential for trace ingredients to remain present. We cannot control the food brought into the Dining environment by other customers.
A residual risk remains that food provided by RCT Catering Services ‘may contain traces of nuts and nut derivatives’, and customers who have a nut allergy should consider the risk before purchasing/consuming any food.
Universal Primary Free School Meals
In September 2022, the rollout of Universal Primary Free School Meals (UPFSM) across Wales began, starting with learners in Reception. The policy is part of the Co-operation Agreement between the Welsh Government and Plaid Cymru, which will see free school meals extended to all primary school learners over the next two years.
Within Rhondda Cynon Taf, the Council will continue to roll out the UPFSM offer:-
- Currently, all Reception, Year 1, and eligible Nursery pupils have been offered a UPFSM.
- from April 2023, the offer will be extended to include Year 2 pupils.
- from September 2023, the offer will be extended to include Year 3 and 4 pupils.
- from April 2024, the offer will be extended to include Year 5 and 6 pupils.
Frequently Asked Questions – Universal Primary Free School Meals (UPFSM)
Frequently Asked Questions – Universal Primary Free School Meals (UPFSM) for Nursery Pupils
Paying for your school dinners
Primary School Meal - £2.55 per meal
You can now pay online for your child's school meals.
All our meals comply with the Welsh Government's Food & Nutrition Standards
Information for Parents and Carers
Why choose a school meal?
- our menus are nutritionally balanced and controlled
- time saving for parents/guardians
- all our staff have a minimum of a “Basic Food Hygiene” qualification
- our packed lunches are made fresh daily and kept chilled until service
View details about our Free Primary School Breakfast Clubs.
Contact us - firstname.lastname@example.org