All scrutiny activity within Rhondda Cynon Taf Council is managed by the Committee through a single workplan. Specific work is undertaken both through the committee and by establishing informal panels (for in-depth activities) or working groups.
The Scrutiny Committees cover;
- Children and Young People - The Children and Young People Scrutiny Committee is responsible for scrutinising public facing services which deliver services for children and young people within the County Borough. You can also view terms of reference for Children and Young Peeople Committee.
- Finance and Performance - The Finance and Performance Scrutiny Committee is responsible for scrutinising financial and operational performance; treasury management arrangements; the annual revenue budget consultation process; statutory performance reporting requirements and monitoring the implementation of medium term financial planning. You can also view terms of reference for Finance and Performance
- Overview and Scrutiny - The Overview and Scrutiny Committee co-ordinates the work of the four thematic scrutiny committees and ensures that the work of each of these committees is effective. This committee is also responsible for dealing with all ‘Call-ins’ and is the Council’s designated Crime and Disorder Committee (under Sections 19 and 20 of the Police and Justice Act, 2006). You can also view terms of reference for Overview and Scrutiny.
- Public Service Delivery, Community and Prosperity - The Public Services Delivery, Communities and Prosperity Scrutiny Committee will be responsible for scrutinising public service delivery across a range of Council services and considers areas which contribute to prosperity. You can also view terms of reference for Public Service Delivery, Community and Prosperity.
- Health and Wellbeing - The Health and Wellbeing Scrutiny Committee is responsible for scrutinising services which support the Health and Wellbeing of our communities. The Committee will consider adult social services as well as all other factors which contribute to the Health and Wellbeing of the County Borough, such as Leisure Services and Public Health and Protection Services. You can also view terms of reference for Health and Wellbeing.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.