If you have to live in a property provided by your employer, you could receive a 50% discount on its Council Tax.

This applies where the taxpayer has to occupy an employer's property as a term of their employment.

Proof needed to apply for such a discount is:

  • That you are liable for council tax at another property
  • That your employer has provided the property you are claiming a discount for
  • That your contract of employment requires you to live in that property

Apply for a council tax discount or exemption online

You can apply for a job related council tax discount online

discount application

Exemption application

Please note: You must continue to pay your current Council Tax bill/s until the outcome of your application has been decided. If this is causing problems, visit the Difficulties Paying Your Bill page.

You must inform the Council of any chances to your living arrangements, personal circumstances, financial or income situation, which could have an effect on your entitlement to Council Tax discount. 

Please write to:

Council Tax

Bronwydd House
Rhondda Cynon Taf
CF39 9DL

Email: revenues@rctcbc.gov.uk 
Telephone: 01443 425002
Fax: 01443 680505
Minicom: 01443 680708

Helpwch ni i wella - peidiwch â chynnwys gwybodaeth bersonol neu ariannol, e.e. eich Rhif Yswiriant Gwladol neu fanylion cerdyn credyd.