Important Service Update
We will continue to offer the "Order and Collect" service from all LIbraries.
Browsing and borrowing of the book stock will be available during library opening hours. Please note last entry is 1 hour before closure to allow for library cleaning.
Please note all current Covid restrictions to service delivery will continue to apply until further notice.
Further service updates will be advertised when they are available.
Due to the continued decrease in Covid-19 cases in Rhondda Cynon Taf and in line with Welsh Government guidance RCT Libraries will be implementing Phase 2 and Phase 3 of our recovery plan. These phases are outlined below.
From the 12th April the three Area libraries at Aberdare, Pontypridd (Llys Cadwyn) and Treorchy will open to the public to allow browsing with the following extra precautions being put into place.
- Order and Collect service.
- A maximum number of borrowers in the library at any one time. The maximum number of borrowers allowed into a library will vary from site to site and this number will be set prior to re-opening.
- All borrowers must wear a face mask (unless medical reasons prevent this) and sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Time within the library limited to 30 minutes and borrowers encouraged to use self-service kiosks where available.
- Procedures put in place for staff monitoring of social distancing.
- Perspex screens at points where face to face contact may occur.
- Seating/furniture to be removed
- Library shelving rearranged where possible to encourage social distancing and create one-way systems. If possible different entry and exit points to be used.
- Limited use of community meeting rooms will also be allowed.
- Use of the Reference areas to be allowed by appointment. One-hour sessions to be available and use limited to 2 persons. Any local history materials used to be quarantined for 72 hours.
From the 26th April all remaining branch libraries to re-open as per the Area Libraries during phase 2.
Further easing of restrictions will be advertised in advance of their implementation. Please note that the above information is dependant on the continued reduction in spread of Covid-19 and Government advice and may be subject to change. Thank you.
As Lockdown restrictions begin to ease, we understand that library users are keen for library services to return to normal as soon as possible. However, to ensure the safety of library users and staff any return to normal services must be gradual. We are therefore adopting a phased approach to the re-opening of library services with the following services becoming available from the 29th March 2021.
- Order and Collect service
- Photocopying Service
- Sale of trade waste bags
- Public access pc’s available by appointment and for limited time periods
- Community meeting rooms available under pre-arranged conditions for employment and education services
- At Home service
- School Library service
For further information please contact your local library or visit us at www.rctcbc.gov.uk/libraries. Updates will be provided on our website as and when other services become available.
Public Access PCs - Limited Access
From Monday 29th March you will be able to book a session on a public access PC at all RCT Libraries.
Sessions will be limited to 50mins per day and Facemasks must be worn whilst you are in the library.
To book a PC session please and for further information please contact your local library or visit us at
Important Service Information
Thank you for you continued support at this very difficult time.
Select your local library to find address details, opening hours, contact details and facilities offered.