Important Service Update
From Monday 23rd August all libraries will be open to the public to allow browsing with the following precautions being kept in place.
- Order and Collect service to remain with collections to be made at reception desk.
- All borrowers must wear a face mask (unless medical reasons prevent this) and sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Public access PC’s, 2 Hr sessions reinstated along with walk in use no need for an appointment, social distancing rules will still apply.
- Borrowers encouraged to use self-service kiosks where available.
- Procedures put in place for staff monitoring of social distancing and borrower numbers and action will be taken if the library becomes overcrowded.
- Perspex screens at points where face to face contact may occur.
- Library shelving rearranged where possible to encourage social distancing and create one-way systems. If possible different entry and exit points to be used.
- Limited use of community meeting rooms will also be allowed.
- Use of the Reference areas to be allowed by drop in and appointment. Any local history materials used to be quarantined for 72 hours.
Please note all current Covid restrictions to service delivery will continue to apply until further notice.
Further service updates will be advertised when they are available.
- For further information please contact your local library or visit us at www.rctcbc.gov.uk/libraries. Updates will be provided on our website as and when other services become available.
Thank you for you continued support at this very difficult time.
Select your local library to find address details, opening hours, contact details and facilities offered. Please Note: Treorchy Library is closing for renovations from September 27th - November 15th - Read more