Due to the continued decrease in Covid-19 cases in Rhondda Cynon Taf and in line with Welsh Government guidance RCT Libraries will be implementing Phase 2 and Phase 3 of our recovery plan. These phases are outlined below.
All libraries are now open to the public to allow browsing with the following extra precautions being put into place.
- Order and Collect service.
- A maximum number of borrowers in the library at any one time. The maximum number of borrowers allowed into a library will vary from site to site and this number will be set prior to re-opening.
- All borrowers must wear a face mask (unless medical reasons prevent this) and sanitise their hands upon entering the building.
- Time within the library limited to 30 minutes and borrowers encouraged to use self-service kiosks where available.
- Procedures put in place for staff monitoring of social distancing.
- Perspex screens at points where face to face contact may occur.
- Seating/furniture to be removed
- Library shelving rearranged where possible to encourage social distancing and create one-way systems. If possible different entry and exit points to be used.
- Limited use of community meeting rooms will also be allowed.
- Use of the Reference areas to be allowed by appointment. One-hour sessions to be available and use limited to 2 persons. Any local history materials used to be quarantined for 72 hours.
Opening hours as follows:
Monday – 9am to 6pm
Tuesday – 9am to 7pm
Wednesday – 9am to 6pm
Thursday – 9am to 6pm
Friday – 9am to 5pm
Saturday – 9am to 1pm
Please note all current Covid restrictions to service delivery will continue to apply until further notice.
Further service updates will be advertised when they are available.
Find libraries, opening hours and services available.
View how to Join your local library.
Search, reserve or renew a book, DVD, CD or Audio Book online
Reserve or renew a book, DVD, CD or Audio Book online.
Access computers, with internet connection free at your local library.
View our children and young people's resources and events.
Free access to a range of online resources through your library membership
Search for local and family history information.