If you are a library member you can use the public access computers for free at any of the libraries in Rhondda Cynon Taf.
We also provide Free Wifi access at: Aberdare Library, Abercynon Library, Church Village Library, Ferndale Library, Hirwaun Library, Llantrisant Library, Mountain Ash Library, Pontyclun Library, Pontypridd Library, Porth Library, Tonypandy Library, and Treorchy Library.
Programmes available on library computers
We offer the following facilities on all of our library computers:
- internet access
- shortcuts to online Information resources including the Online Library Catalogue
- Microsoft Word for word processing
- Microsoft Excel for spreadsheets
- Microsoft Powerpoint for presentations
- Microsoft Access for databases
- Acrobat Reader - PDF viewer
- black and white / colour printer (view fees and charges)
- computer disks and USB's on sale
There will also be access to the following programmes and facilities from at least one PC at each library:
- Adobe Photoshop Elements
- Cicero for screen readings and magnification from scanned documents
- Cysgair online Welsh dictionary
- Cysill for Welsh spellchecking
- Frontpage for web design
- Publisher for desktop publishing
- Supernova for screen readings and magnification
Conditions of use
- all Internet use is monitored
- access is free for all library members. Membership cards must be produced prior to the commencement of a session on the computer
- all users will be required to complete an Internet agreement form stating that they have read and understood the library service usage policy
- children and young people under the age of 16 will be allowed access to the Internet provided that a parent or legal guardian has signed a consent form on their behalf. These forms must be signed in the library and witnessed by a member of the library staff
- the parent or guardian is responsible for the material that their children view. The library service assumes no responsibility for supervising access by children
- access is free for all visitors to Rhondda-Cynon-Taf. Proof of home and visiting address must be provided prior to the commencement of a session on the computer
- a pre-booked session will only be held for a period of 10 minutes. It will then be released for other users
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.