Visit the 2018 Welsh Hospitality Awards Family Venue of the Year!
Be amazed at our underground tour, take a virtual ride on Dram and more!
Book a tour and go underground with our guides who are full of entertaining tales and fascinating facts. Our tours are suitable for all the family. Kids and adults alike love to put on a helmet and step into our lift where the adventure begins… The tour ends with DRAM! This exciting virtual ride is exclusive to the Welsh Mining Experience and visitors should definitely watch out for some surprises along the way…
There’s no need to rush off after you’ve finished your tour! Here are some of the reasons we have a 5 star rating on Trip Advisor:
- Visit our exhibitions – did you know coal from the Rhondda was used to power the Titanic?
- Visit Caffe Bracchi and enjoy a delicious meal or perhaps an afternoon tea. (We have savoury, sweet and of course the ever popular children’s teas).
- Pop into the award winning Chocolate Shop and take home a handmade chocolate treat
**Chocolate making workshops also available**
- If you love crafting, we have another award winner on the first floor. Visit Craft of Hearts for all your crafting supplies or book a craft workshop.
- The Energy Zone play area is always a hit with our younger visitors. Don’t forget your bucket and spade!
- End the day at the Gift Shop and take home a souvenir of your great day out.
Coming soon! Brand new “dress up” room for kids! Try on costumes from days gone by and step into our selfie frame for a photo!
Black Gold Experience Underground guided tour Admission:
- Adult - £6.95
- Children - £5.75
- Concessions - £6.25
- Family of 4 - £19
- For group bookings of 10 or more, please call 01443 682306
Are you ready to embark on our Black Gold Experience?