How do you sign up for Incontinence Recycling?
Incontinence recycling is a FREE weekly recycling scheme offered to residents of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Once you have signed up you will receive a set of purple bags and an information leaflet with details on how the scheme operates.
Alternatively, you can call us on 01443 425001.
What happens next?
Within 3 weeks of signing up you will receive a starter pack which includes a set of purple incontinence waste recycling bags. You will also receive information on how to use the scheme and confirmation of your collection day (which may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day).
How to recycle your incontinence waste?
Simply pop each incontinence pad into the purple bag supplied.
On your allocated collection day*, put your tied bags out, at your usual bin collection point for collection.
*Collection days will be specified in the information leaflet you receive when you sign up and may not be the same as your other weekly recycling collection day.
Please note the following:-
- incontinence pads cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must sign up to the scheme for a collection.
- if your bag has not been collected it is likely that you are not fully registered for the scheme and you will need to contact us as per above
- current collection days are subject to change as the scheme increases – you will be notified of any changes to your collection day
- please do not overfill your purple bags, two bags may be used, if required
- please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection - Incontinence pads only must be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected.
- if your bag is not out for collection for more than 3 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service. We will put a note through your door.
- you may put purple bags out for collection - Please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection.
- please ensure your bags are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection.
Need more bags?
If you require more bags please call Customer Services on 01443 425001.
Inform us of a change of address
Let us know if you have moved to new property within Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Please try and inform us at least 1 week before you move. We will inform you of your new collection date and the collection crews will visit your new property during your next collection. Please take your bags with you.
How do you leave the incontinence collection scheme?
Let us know if you would like to leave the nappy collection scheme.
After you have informed us, please leave your bags out for us to collect on your normal nappy collection day.
If your incontinence waste has not been collected by 3pm on the day of scheduled collection report this to us online.
Someone will contact you to advise why your collection was not made.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.