How to get involved in nappy recycling
Nappy recycling is a FREE weekly recycling scheme offered to residents of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
What happens next?
Within 4 weeks of signing up you will receive a set of purple nappy recycling bags. You will also receive information on how to use the scheme and confirmation of your collection day (which may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day).
How to recycle your nappies?
Simply pop each used/soiled nappy into the supplied purple bag..
Then, on your allocated collection day *, put your tied bag(s) at your usual bin collection point for collection.
* Collection days will be specified in the information leaflet you receive when you sign up and may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
Please note the following:
- nappies cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must sign up to the scheme for a collection
- if your nappy bag(s) have not been collected it is likely that you are not fully registered for the scheme and you will need to contact us as per above
- current nappy collection days are subject to change as the scheme increases – you will be notified of any changes to your collection day
- please do not overfill your purple bags, two bags may be used, if required
- please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection.
- nappies and nappy bags only can be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected
- if your bag(s) are not out for collection for more than 4 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service. Please take your nappy recycling supplies with you if you are moving out and notify us of your change of address.
- please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection
- please ensure your purple bag(s) are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection
Need more bags?
Registered customers can obtain more purple bags in the following ways:
- Leave a ‘more bags please’ sticker visible on one of your purple bags
- Contact us on email@example.com
- Call us on 01443 425001
Inform us of a change of address
Let us know if you have moved to new property within Rhondda Cynon Taf.
Please try and inform us at least 1 week before you move. We will inform you of your new collection date.
How do you leave the nappy scheme?
Let us know if you would like to leave the nappy collection scheme.
If your nappy waste has not been collected by 3pm on the day of scheduled collection you can report this online
You will then be contacted to advise why your collection was not made.
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.