How do you sign up for Nappy Recycling?
Nappy recycling is a FREE weekly recycling scheme offered to residents of Rhondda Cynon Taf.
What happens next?
Within 2 weeks of signing up you will receive a set of purple nappy recycling bags. Your collection day may not be the same as your refuse and recycling collection day.
How to recycle your nappies?
Simply pop each used/soiled nappy into the purple bag. On your allocated collection day, put your tied bag(s) at your usual bin collection point for collection.
Please note the following:
- Nappies cannot be placed in clear recycling bags and you must join the scheme for collections to begin
- If your bag(s) have not been collected it is likely that you are not registered for the scheme and you will need to join the scheme
- Collection days may be subject to change – however we will notify you of any collection changes beforehand
- Please do not overfill your purple bags, additional bags may be used, if required
- Please tie the top of your bag on the day of collection.
- Nappies, wet wipes and nappy bags only can be placed in your purple bags - if any other waste is present in your purple bags it will not be collected
If your bag(s) are not out for collection for more than 4 weeks, we will assume that you no longer require the service and your address will be removed from these collections
- Please take your nappy recycling supplies with you if you are moving and notify us of your change of address by e-mailing email@example.com
- Please do not use bags acquired from neighbours or friends as they will not be collected. Only properties registered on the scheme will receive a collection
- Please ensure your purple bag(s) are out for collection by 7am on the day of collection
Addresses will be removed from the scheme after a maximum of 3 years. Customers will have to re-register after 3 years to remain on the scheme.
Need more bags?
Registered customers can obtain more purple bags online
Alternatively you can telephone 01443 425001
Inform us of a change of address
Let us know if you have moved to a new property within Rhondda Cynon Taf by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please try and inform us at least 1 week before you move as your collection day may also change.
Leave the nappy collection scheme
To leave the nappy collection scheme please email email@example.com
Please note: if you do not place nappy bags out for a period of 4 weeks, you will automatically be taken off the scheme.
From October 2019, we required all customers who use the purple bag collection services to re-register their details. Customers may not have their purple bags collected if they have not re-registered. You can re-register online or call us on 01443 425001.
If you have re-registered your details and your purple bag has not been collected please check your collection day as this may have changed.
Check your nappy collection day
Please enter your location to find your waste and recycling collection dates.
If you have re-registered and checked your collection day and your purple bags have not been collected by 3pm on the day of scheduled collection you can report a missed collection online
Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.
Please provide a reason and any suggestions you feel are necessary in helping us improve the web page.