You will have two food caddies:

  • a small caddy (kitchen caddy) to keep in your kitchen – line your kitchen caddy with the small food waste bags provided by the Council. Once full this should be emptied into the food waste bin (large caddy).
  • a large caddy (food waste bin) to store outside – the food waste bin should be lined with the larger food waste bags provided by the Council to help keep it clean. The bin is lockable to prevent it being opened by animals.

Your food waste will be collected on your  weekly recycling and waste collection day.

You can request a food waste bin or caddy online.

Find out what can and can't be recycled in Rhondda Cynon Taf.

What can I recycle?

What goes in your food waste caddy?

What goes in your food waste caddy
Food Waste Bags
Fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, cooked and uncooked food, leftover food, egg shells, bread, pasta, cereal, rice, tea bags, bones, coffee grounds, chip paper, cream cake boxes, pizza boxes and pet food. Plastic (including plastic bags from food packaging), metal, glass or any other polystyrene. Bread bags, takeaway cartons, foil. No garden/green waste. Any other household waste.

Help us improve - don't include personal or financial information, e.g. your National Insurance number or credit card details.